Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Jubilee Parade

We don't have the traditional 4th of July parade, but our Jubilee Parade and street dance are held the following weekend.  The highlight of the parade is the Bluejacket Marching Band.


One of our neighbors surprised me when she said that watching our hometown band march in parades always made her cry.  She was younger than me, with children the same ages as our girls, and passed away a few years ago after a short battle with cancer.  Now, I can't help but think of her whenever I watch the band march by.

The flag girl costumes have certainly changed over the years.



Our Canadian friends from north of the border.  The bagpipes are MY favorite.


Our girls and their families spent the weekend with us to visit and enjoy the festivities.  Luckily the weather cleared up in time for the parade.  The guys, unfortunately, got rained on during their early morning round of golf.  I'm thinking this will be our annual summer weekend get-together and I'm pretty sure the kiddies will enjoy the parade more when they are a little older.  

 Finley was more interested in her sippy cup.


The sun was a little bright for Mack......


but his mommy didn't mind sharing.



My dream truck.  I can just see it parked in our driveway and I'd be haulin' junk in style!

3 comments:

  1. We had a lovely time. :) I'll be back in a few weeks!

    Hehehe. I'm stealing a couple pics. I found the pic of me with the sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog Claire. It looks as though you had a lovely time on the 4th. Here in France we celebrate Bastille Day tomorrow 14th July and our small village goes all out to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...