Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods

We have had over two weeks of beautiful, unusually warm autumn days and nights, but the weatherman tells us it will soon come to an end.

Here are a few photos I took of the fall foliage in our neighborhood last week.  This weekend, we'll probably be raking up the leaves that are quickly falling from the trees.

























Last weekend, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and hauled our kayaks and bicycles to the Giant's Ridge area near Biwabik, MN.

Bill checking to make sure everything is safely strapped down.

This is where we launch our boats at Wynne Lake.

Wide open spaces.

Still life along the shore.

Leaving Wynne Lake and entering the Embarrass River.

Plenty of turtles and beavers to keep us company.

Winding river.


I love this old bridge.


Nearing the end of the river.

Here comes my favorite part.

I can't carry a tune.........

but do you think you could paddle through this echo chamber without a little.......

Yodel-ay-hee-hoo!


From here we enter the Embarrass lake where we trade our kayaks for our bicycles.

Winding trail through the woods leads us to the Giant's Ridge ski area where we'll retrieve our car.


A beautiful ending to this year's kayaking season.




October 11, 2008
Happy Anniversary Megan and Dave!

9 comments:

  1. ...and You're STILL making me jealous of the autumnal beauty that I never get down here in Texas. : P Great pics.

    ♥Linsey
    http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such peaceful images. The glassy water...ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us along on your kayak! I love all that gorgeous color. I don't see a lot of that where I live. Just gorgeous!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...beautiful fall leads to long, cold winter. Boooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie, I just stumbled onto your site. What a great blog you have!! These fall images are just stunning!! Very pretty! I am your newest follower and I hope that you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie, thank you so much for your kind comments about my friend Marians before and after table. She will be thrilled.

    I love you photos, I am a fell Fall lover and I love to kayak! I am in Va but spend a lot of time in Milwaukee with my family.

    I hope you will come to visit again.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki,
    I'm so jealous! What a perfect way to spend the day! Fall is the Best! It's beautiful here in TN, finally fall weather after our 90 degree plus summer! I lived in Green Bay for 3 years and loved it up there on the lake, it was gorgeous especially Door County this time of year!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,
    What gorgeous fall foliage you have in Minnesota...I love the photos of kayaking ubnder the bridge. We've all ben lucky to have such beautiful fall weather this year.
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled across your blog and so glad I did. I'm enjoying the music and loved seeing the images in this post! What a wonderful world you live in.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...