To be honest, my first thought was.....
Oh, no!!!!! I don't want to do this!
Then I read Rebecca's entertaining post and decided to be a good sport and have fun with it! She was actually a contestant on "The Dating Game" when she was 18 years old!! Thank you, Rebecca, for nominating my blog as one you enjoy visiting. I featured Rebecca's vintage cupboard in my Pat-a-Cake post, since it was the inspiration for painting my little cupboard. Take a peek at her blog to find many more treasures at Walnut & Vine. The rules of this award are:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself that others might not know.
- Send it to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded it to them.
Seven things you may or may not know about me.
- As much as I love junking and antiquing, I hate shopping for clothes!!! If you are a fan of "What Not to Wear", I'm like the woman (near tears) in the dressing room ready to give it up and go home. I'm much more comfortable in a pair of well-worn jeans, hiking boots, and a hoodie than I am in dress-up clothes and heels. Clothes shopping is not for me! Although, there is one exception. I'm in hog heaven when I find an army green colored jacket! Every winter jacket I have owned since 1980 ( and there haven't been many) has been army green, my favorite color. I once wore a jacket for so many years that the women I worked with threatened to burn it in the parking lot. I was shamed into throwing it out. I still miss that jacket.
- The summer I turned 16, I worked as a car hop at an A&W root beer stand. I made a whopping 85 cents per hour plus tips! The place was so poorly managed that we would routinely run out of hamburger AND root beer!!! Believe me, when that happened it was rock, paper, scissors as to who was waiting on the next unfortunate customer. Still, I was able to save enough money to buy my first pair of hard contact lenses.
- I owned a small decorative painting business for ten plus years that was named Vickie's Folk Art. I painted mostly vintage Santas and Christmas items and held a sale once a year on opening weekend of deer hunting season ( the first weekend of November which is the weekend for boutiques in the Northland). Eventually I got so burned out I had to call it quits and literally couldn't touch a paintbrush for several years. I now enjoy painting just for fun.
- Speaking of folk art, I have a collection of about 25 vintage (and somewhat scary) sock monkeys that occasionally pop up on my blog posts. Rockford Red Heel socks are still manufactured today and I make new sock monkeys to give as baby gifts, etc. I donated one to The DIY Club for their Breast Cancer Awareness Auction that is running until Oct. 31, so feel free to visit here.
- I am prone to uncontrollable bouts of laughing at the most inappropriate times! It started waaaay back when I was a child and my sister and I would giggle in bed at night, much to the irritation of our parents. Once when going through our local McDonald's drive-through, Bill and I started laughing so hard that he couldn't give them our food order! What could we do?! There were cars behind us, so we couldn't back our car out! We now go inside to order our food.
- I have been married AND worked at the same job for 32 years!!!!!
- My biggest accomplishment ( with a little help from my husband :@ ) is raising two daughters who have turned out to be wonderful mothers.
Until recently, I have mostly followed a few big (thousands of followers) blogs, so I don't have 15 bloggers to pass this award on to (sorry), but I have chosen 7 that I routinely visit and enjoy. Here they are:
- Always a good read is Cheryl @ http://mysisterscottage.blogspot.com/ .
- Lindsey @ http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/ is new to the blogworld and is quickly making her mark.
- I may be biased, but Julie @ http://thepaciorekadventure.blogspot.com/ is quite entertaining.
- Stehpanie @ http://junkernewbie.blogspot.com/ has a fun "Would You Buy it Wednesday" linky party.
- Rose @ http://confessionsofacurbshopaholic.blogspot.com/ is always hauling home something interesting.
- Kim @ http://starshinechic.blogspot.com/ has the best seasonal displays in her home.
- Danielle @ http://daniellesserendipity.blogspot.com/ has the best blog header and great vintage finds.
In case you're wondering what I wore to this prestigious event, it's 9:30 am (day off) and I'm still in my leopard print flannel jammies.