Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Thrift store baskets.


Our grands won't be here for Easter, but if they were, I'd have no shortage of baskets.
  Should the Easter Bunny choose to fill my vintage baskets with yummy chocolates,
 who am I to argue?

  By the way, I did finish the Whole 30.  No sugar for 30 looooong days.
  I've found that I don't feel so exhausted all the time, so I'm trying my hardest
 to stay away from chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies, and bakery, and desserts,
and everything that tastes good.  It isn't easy.



I replaced my mannequin head on top of this old cupboard with baskets.
I think our visiting grands will sleep easier without her sinister eyes looking at them!
(If you haven't met her, she's up there in my blog header.)

Here she is dressed up for Halloween.

  The wood lamps I bought for our dining room migrated
up here to the master bedroom.  I like them a lot better on the white buffet
 than on our wood buffet in the dining room.



 All the women in my knitting group are knitting this shawl
 designed by the shop owner.  Wouldn't my dressmaker's form look
oh-so-chic with a lacy shawl draped over her shoulders?  I think I need to join
in and knit one in a soft gray and white yarn.


On the other side of the room.....


I don't buy many vintage items these days, with the exception of old baskets.
  These baskets are empty, but they'd provide extra storage space if my yarn stash
 outgrows my yarn cubby.





Do you notice a wood element that's missing in this corner?



Never say never.

This is the piece I said I'd never paint, but when I saw the same dresser
painted by Miss Mustard Seed, I had a change of heart.  I hope to someday find
two more drawer pulls to match for the top drawer.






It's so much brighter in this corner now that the dresser
isn't competing with the dark wood door.



Pretty spoon carved detail and keyhole.



Across from the dresser is another old cupboard I painted a few years ago.
It's the perfect size to store my sewing machine, quilt fabrics for my someday quilt,
and jars filled with buttons and trinkets.




On top is an old sewing basket.



The painted lamp belonged to my great-grandmother, and on the wall
is one of the many mirrors in my collection, but that's a story for another day.

Thanks so much for visiting and have a Happy Easter!
Vickie


*I'm joining:
Coastal Charm Show and Share
The Essence of Home Share Your Style
Making it in the Mountains Creative Gallery

29 comments:

  1. You have so many wonderful cupboards and furniture pieces. I really like your dresser with its pretty details and coat of white paint. I love baskets of just about any kind but old ones are the best. Happy Easter to you, Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly does look magnificent painted white! I say life is short: paint what you want and eat sugar.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cupboard where your sewing machine is stored, Vickie. Baskets are wonderful for garnering & toting around the house. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've stored your sewing machine and fabrics. It's very pretty. I also love your grandmothers lamp. Great idea using the baskets for extra yarn storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cabinet for storage. Awesome. All your baskets are amazing. I love baskets too.
    Have a great week and wonderful weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE all your white pieces, especially your new/old white wood dresser. those Eastlake details just pop now, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have things in perfect order, Vickie. I'm a bit- ok, a LOT- envious of your cabinets. I can't resist baskets, either. They'll be perfect for overflowing amounts of yarn. Happy Easter to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vickie, I'm lovin all the baskets. I love the way the lamps look in the bedroom. Also, I think the dresser looks so great painted. You did an awesome job on it and I kinda like the mismatched knobs.Yes a knitted shawl would be perfect on the dressform. I love seeing your rooms-so pretty and inspiring! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some beautiful baskets, Vickie! And I love your painted furniture mixed with the wood accents..the dresser turned out Great!
    Your mannequin head looks so fun dressed up for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fabric storage and those baskets are wonderful.

    I am in my 4th month of no processed sugar (except on a few special occasions) and it amazes me how much sugary items are in our faces. All through the grocery store there are treats at eye and nose level. But, the less you eat of it, the less you crave it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have some good thrift shops to find all those beautiful baskets. That's one thing I've never been able to find in all my thrifting adventures. Seems like all there is are those cheap, flimsy baskets. Great job on painting that dresser. I am totally crushing on that cabinet with the leaded glass!

    No processed sugar...I agree with Carol of Art and Sand that the less you eat it, the less you crave it. I went without for over a year. Now I've been eating it again here and there and it makes me crave it more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos to you for avoiding sugar. It's one of the worst things we can eat. I don't eat too much, but I like the occasional dessert ;).

    Your baskets are beautiful and the dresser looks gorgeous painted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all those baskets, they add such a lovely warmth to the room! That cupboard with the glass doors is awesome, I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat if I saw it for sale near me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vickie, I love your baskets atop the cabinet. Your home is so inspiring and I just love your style. I do think a shawl would be the perfect touch on your dress form. Wishing you a Happy Easter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your basket collection is just perfect Vickie! Your home is always lovely and I always spy things that make me happy!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much as I'm a "don't paint the antique" person, I have to admit, it does look beautiful that way. Don't tell anyone I said that ;)

    Also, if that lamp goes missing, I didn't take it ;)

    Happy Easter, my friend!
    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank goodness there aren't any "paint police" to tell you what you can and can't paint! 😂 everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your baskets and all the pretty corners you've shown us. And I'm so impressed that you finished the whole 30 days. Good for you! Happy Easter.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of wicker baskets and the wooden lamps on your white sideboard. The chest looks amazing in white. I have pieces that I think I won't paint and sometimes I change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Vickie. I love what you've done. The chest painted white really works with the wall cupboard (adore the quilts!) and I like the baskets and the lamps. Your alarm clock collection is perfect where you have it displayed. Your furniture pieces are fabulous. This room looks like something out of a decorating magazine. Wonderful! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your basket collection! And that little sewing machine is adorable. Since you're the Queen of the Whole 30 - What if I do the Whole 30, but allow myself to cheat with clearance aisle jelly beans? Or is it seriously NO SUGAR no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those baskets both for style and function. The dresser looks pretty in white! Love how you can see the hardware better. I love painted furniture and have more of that than unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always have love, love, loved your rooms. Perfect down to the last detail... and I love the chest painted. I am missing seeing Henriheada up there, but I am sure she has another perch all picked out. You could always lay her in a basket with a bit of a hole and have one eye peeking out... he he he. Maybe when the grandkids are older... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these beautiful baskets against the white. So pretty. Just stopped by to say I have been thinking about you and hoping all is good in your neck of the woods. Life has been so busy.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vickie, this post is lovely, love the man head with the witch's hat! I'm so all about Halloween! Just saw your comment about Instagram. I hope you can get on soon, it's so fun, and a lot of our favorite bloggers are on. it's so much easier then blogging! I'm not giving up my blog, my problem is I stopped being able to transfer photos from my camera to my computer and don't quite know how to from my phone. I see you've slowed down also. I hope we can stay in touch, I've really enjoyed your posts and you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just saw above that my comment signed on as town and country gals, don't know why it didn't say Walnut and Vine! anyway, it's me if you didn't know who that was!

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนัง Animation

    ReplyDelete

  28. Keep up the good work and thank you again

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...