Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flowers for Easter

Although our grass is green and the golf courses have opened a good month ahead of schedule,
there are no flowers blooming on the range.


Obviously, the silk flowers planted in these little rain boots were not cut from my flower gardens.  Year after year, I set up this rainy day vignette on a shelf by our back door to bring some spring color into our house.  The only vintage item is the tole tray, one of many that I rotate with the seasons.  I've held onto the bear which was a childhood gift to one of our daughters.  She outgrew it, but I didn't.



These lime green flowers are planted in a mosaic pot made for me by our daughter Julie.



I tucked this old floral platter (yet another saved from the "Sweet 16" bedroom) behind the birdhouse.  Spanish moss and candy eggs fill the wire basket. 



Spring colored flowers and berries......


form a welcoming spring wreath.




White and green always evoke thoughts of spring.



I really don't know anything about this piece that I've had forever, but the two little birds look so cute nestled in the lily pads.  Somehow the delicate flowers and dainty ruffled edge
have remained intact through the years.


These speckled eggs will still be in their nest when Easter is over because
they're not chocolate!!!


Happy Easter!
Vickie

*For more Easter eye candy, hop on over to the parties at:
Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday
The Vintage Farmhouse Creative Things Thursday
The Farmhouse Porch Cowgirl Up

20 comments:

  1. the eggs, not chocolate??? then why have them? kidding...i just love the interesting vase they are sitting in and the cute rain boots.. happy easter to you and btw, our golf course has been open all year...we have had NO winter here...weird.
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute vignettes. Love the boots filled with tulips and that cute bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that vase and the boots with tulips in them...cute! Happy Easter! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved all your touches of spring especially the boots filled with tulips! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow raincoat and boots! Al. The vignettes were great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki,
    You have some great spring accents going on in your home. Love the vignette by the back door with the little boots and teddy bear. Your seasonal touches are just perfect!
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's really looking like spring at your house. The little wire basket I might be doing that it was so cute with the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vickie,
    Happy Easter.Love your spring and Easter decor.That bear is so sweet.I would have kept it too.And what do you mean that there is no chocolate in those eggs?????
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say the beautiful tole tray caught my eye! That one is really quite well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those white flowers in the terra cotta pots. And I really did think those eggs were chocolate! Everything looks so pretty.
    I had my first Cadbury egg today. BIG mistake! Now I want the rest of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tole tray and all your adorable Easter touches! Happy Easter! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've dressed up your home for Spring so pretty. Try not to be tempted by those fake eggs too! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely... I love your mosaic pot! And the old window frame makes such a nice backdrop. I want one so bad but I never seem to find one...
    Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yellow and green are my favour color. I love the boot and the bear. Very spring look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the boots but really your bird houses! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the teddy and watercan! i don't sew sock monkeys, but, i do make mohair bears--never outgrow them either:) happy easter, vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It certainly looks like Spring and is oh so cheery in your home!
    Darling vignettes...
    Happy Easter!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I found you via out junking and enjoyed my first visit!
    a new follower,
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's the kind of eggs I need...ones that aren't chocolate and won't tempt me. I love all your little springy touches. Hope you had a good Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home really does feel like spring, Vickie! Really charming! Hope this freezing weather coming doesn't do too much damage to our outdoor plants and trees!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...