Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas "Belles"


December first.  Time to get all those boxes and bins unpacked and decorations up.  I leave the outdoor ladder climbing and light bulb testing to Bill, while I concentrate on the indoor decorating.  The first box I unpack contains my band of angel bells that I have collected over the years.

I arrange them in a snow white cloud of angel hair on top of the dining room buffet, interspersed with a mix of old and new bottle brush trees.

My collection started when this mischievous trio was given to me as a newlywed and remains my favorite set to this day.

The little choirboy doesn't have any wings, but fits right in with his cherubic face.

A jazzy gal.


The angel on the right seems to be lighting the way with candlelight.  But, on the other hand, that could be a very large tube of lipstick.


What these two lack in the beauty department, they more than make up for in bling.

The star of the show.

Dressed for the weather in their pink and blue babushkas.

Even angels have presents to buy!



" Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."

Linked to:
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home
LaurieAnna's Farmhouse Fridays
Faded Charm White Wednesday

17 comments:

  1. such a cute collection Vickie!! so many fun ones here. Love the lipstick/candle girl ;) Hoping I have time this weekend to finally start decorating!! Thanks for your sweet comments this past week. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection of angels is outstanding! I love all their cute angelic faces.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very, very sweet...hard to resist :) laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. I collect them too, but haven't displayed them in several years. Maybe I should pull mine out. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet collection and it's easy to see why you have such an affection for them. I loved this post Vickie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely Post I've been having a pretty strange week and tonight was a topper phone line went dead... so seeing your angels has really cheered me up (: Thanks ox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those sweet little faces. What a great collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest collection of Angel Belles I've seen. I just found 4 this year for my cubbies and they do have a charm about them don't they! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best collection of angels I have seen so far..I adore all vintage little nick nacks of all times. My oldest sister used to bring them home from her trip downtown...I always loved what she brought home..just like these..wish I still had them..sigh...but, thanks for showing yours as it has brought a smile to my face..I'm joining you..I'm excited..

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, Vickie! Love all the little vintage angels!
    You won my book giveaway...Dog Trots Globe: To Paris and Provence! Just send me an email at confessionsofaplateaddict@yahoo.com and give me your mailing address. Your autographed copy will be on its way! Thanks for entering! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful post! I have the exact same Angel trio. Given to me by my mother in law about 8 or so years ago. She had them from the beginning of their marriage. So they are quite old....they saw many a Christmas in their home on the Iron Range. Britt / Cook area. Now with us here in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your angel collection! How charming it is! Very nice! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicki,
    your collection is adorable! They are each so sweet in their own special way! They look lovely the way you have them displayed and your photos are wonderful!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these adorable little figurines. Incredibly festive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this display. I think you may have more angels than I do. I love the angel hair. My aunt used to do that with angels when I was little.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...