Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye 2011. Hello 2012.

I spend way too much time dreaming of projects I'd like to do, and too little time actually doing those projects.  Or so I thought until I did an inventory of my 2011 posts.  Now I don't feel so bad.  When I put it all together in one post, I feel as though I've accomplished quite a lot. 

I published my first book! ( created from my Five Little Monkeys post )


I brought 5 new sock monkeys to life.


Created some blog inspired decor.

















I even did a few tutorials.




And just try to name a blogger who doesn't Love a good Before & After!

An inexpensive ReStore window....


becomes a mirror with spray paint.


A cute baby wardrobe........


gets personalized for Finley's nursery.


I even got featured!

Children's kitchen cupboard redo.


Some good advice that I just didn't take.


And a little light hearted humor.


I started some big projects.......to be finished in 2012.  I hope.


And shared some quick-fix tips......

with help from the  IKEA Supermaze..... 

  which I completely forgot about until a little rug rat found it.  :@

I took you in my kayak.

I dedicated a few posts.  My Baba who I will mention from time to time.....


and my sister-in-law Debbie who I remember every October for National Breast Cancer Awareness.

I featured some very special guests.

Finley.

Mack.

hosted two blog giveaways.

won a contest at The DIY Club and received a truckload of prizes!

I also won 2 random prize giveaways.  Artful Blogging Magazine from Anne at Fiona and Twig and Dog Trots Globe to Paris & Provence from Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict.  Thank you ladies!!!! 

I bought a new SLR camera that I've yet to change out of the automatic mode.

I've shared countless vintage finds. 

But mostly I've made some wonderful blog friends that are truly kindred spirits and share my passions of creating, collecting, and storytelling.

xxoo,
Vickie
 

Linked to:
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home


15 comments:

  1. You have some wonderful projects on this post, Vickie! Since I'm a recent follower, I missed many of these and am glad to see them! I'm looking forward to seeing more in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count myself as one of those blog friends! Happy New Year friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, I think you've found your calling.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    Wow girl, you've accomplished a lot this year! So glad we've become friends, it's been fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the new year!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great year! So glad to be among your blog friends!! Best wishes for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too, always dreaming!!!! Hope your new year is truly blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started following you right around the Kayak trip and have enjoyed reading your creative and humorous blog! You've had a wonderful year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in 2012. May it be a Blessed and Happy year for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what a great year you have had! i LOVE your sock monkeys- saw one at lesley's blog today! and i love that childrens wardrobe- adorable! you are very talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Mom!!! (and Dad .. the 'behind the scenes blogger)

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good year to me! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the response in regards to my photo uploading issue. I just don't understand why if I deleted photos I can't add new ones.

    Anyway, I love this post. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great posts! Have a great 2012! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it a great feeling to actually be able to see all that you did last year? I'm the same way, my dreams are much bigger than what I actually do, so i feel like I didn't accomplish anything. I too did a review post and was pleasantly surprized to see all I had actually done. Not such a failure after all.
    Hope you count me amongst your blog friends. I love your writing style! Gotta catch up with some of your old posts, there are a lot I didn't see yet.
    Have a happy and productive 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...